From: Karl on

Outlook will not preview .jpg files.
I get the following message:
"This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for
it."
There are a number of graphic software programs installed on the computer,
all of which will open jpg files.
What specifically is Outlook looking for and how is it installed?

Thank you

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Karl" <none(a)home.net> wrote in message

> Outlook will not preview .jpg files.
> I get the following message:
> "This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for
> it."
> There are a number of graphic software programs installed on the computer,
> all of which will open jpg files.
> What specifically is Outlook looking for and how is it installed?

The JPEG previewer should have been installed by default. The default
previewrs are for:
Outlook 2007 items
Word 2007 documents
PowerPoint 2007 presentations
Excel 2007 worksheets
Visio 2007 drawings
Images and text files.

If you don't have them, try running Office Diagnostics or a Repair install.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Karl on
Thank you Brian
Upon additional research I found that Nero was set for my Windows Explorer
default viewer for jpg files.
I changed the default viewer to Infanview and Outlook now previews jpg files
as it should.
Guess Outlook doesn't like Nero.

Karl