From: Andrew Zenz on
Hi everyone.

As the subject line indicates, Outlook 2007 is sending with duplicate
attachments even though the user only attaches it/them once. I watched her
do it and sure enough it is happening. Whether it is a single or multiple
attachments, they are duplicated as soon as the user sends the message.

Outlook 2007 SP2
MDaemon Outlook Connector
Windows XP SP3

I don't think it has anything to do with MDaemon (I might be wrong) as the
duplication is immediate.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, don't know what else to add.

Any ideas anyone?

From: VanguardLH on
Andrew Zenz wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> As the subject line indicates, Outlook 2007 is sending with duplicate
> attachments even though the user only attaches it/them once. I watched her
> do it and sure enough it is happening. Whether it is a single or multiple
> attachments, they are duplicated as soon as the user sends the message.
>
> Outlook 2007 SP2
> MDaemon Outlook Connector
> Windows XP SP3
>
> I don't think it has anything to do with MDaemon (I might be wrong) as the
> duplication is immediate.
>
> Sorry I can't be more helpful, don't know what else to add.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

See what happens when the user loads Outlook in its safe mode which doesn't
load any installed and still-enabled add-ons.

outlook.exe /safe
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Andrew Zenz" <andrew(a)azcom.com.au> wrote in message

> As the subject line indicates, Outlook 2007 is sending with duplicate
> attachments even though the user only attaches it/them once. I watched her
> do it and sure enough it is happening. Whether it is a single or multiple
> attachments, they are duplicated as soon as the user sends the message.

Are they duplicated in the Sent Items folder or only at the receiver's end?

> Outlook 2007 SP2
> MDaemon Outlook Connector
> Windows XP SP3
>
> I don't think it has anything to do with MDaemon (I might be wrong) as the
> duplication is immediate.

Do you need the MDaemon connector in order to send mail? If now, disable the
add-in in Trust Center and try again. If that works, you've found the
culprit.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Do you need the MDaemon connector in order to send mail? If now, disable
> the add-in in Trust Center and try again. If that works, you've found the
> culprit.

Typo. The second sentence should begin "If not..."
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Andrew Zenz on
The client tried starting Outlook in Safe mode but couldn't get it to run
without MDaemon.

She did discover this

****
However if I reply to an email or forward an email that only uses my old
signature as below, I think the attachment only gets sent once.
****

And it did get sent only once.

I'll keep digging.

Thanks everyone for your help.