From: David on
I tried this program for free (little nag screen), and it worked perfectly and quickly. I bought it 2 mins later for only ?3.50. Bargain. No more data check from Outlook.

In addition I read that Thunderbird is undergoing some radical changes and that there are a number of developers now working on it. If that comes good - I'm off

Cheers

Dave

Notan wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
12-Aug-07

Jan Groshan wrote:

<snip>

I am not sure if this would be adding insult to injury, but have a look at:

http://daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/index.shtml

--
Notan

On Saturday, August 11, 2007 6:16 PM
Jan Groshan wrote:

Data File Did Not Close Properly
I have suddenly started receiving the following message when I open Outlook
2007 : "A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is
being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is
in progress." A few minutes later I get a message "data file check
complete". What does this mean, and is there anything that can be done
about it ?

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 7:41 AM
BillR [MVP] wrote:

Do you close Outlook before you shut down or reboot the computer?
Do you close Outlook before you shut down or reboot the computer?

--
Bill R MVP

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:07 PM
Jan Groshan wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
Yes

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:17 PM
BillR [MVP] wrote:

Check if the Outlook process is running before you shut down.
Check if the Outlook process is running before you shut down.
The application here can help: http://sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout/

If you find the Outlook process is still running then you will need to
determine just what is keeping it open - synch software, Addins,3rd party
application ....

--
Bill R MVP
"Jan Groshan" <jangro(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:32 PM
Notan wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
BillR [MVP] wrote:

Interesting...

I ran KnockOut with Outlook 2003, and the icon showed that Outlook *and* Word were
running (confirmed by the Task Manager).

Why does Outlook load Word (or a part of Word), and how does one get it to not load?

Thanks!

--
Notan

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 2:02 PM
Notan wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
Notan wrote:

Never mind, I found it... Tools | Options | Mail Format.

--
Notan

On Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:54 PM
Jan Groshan wrote:

OK. I downloaded KnockOut. It said both Outlook and Word were closed.
OK. I downloaded KnockOut. It said both Outlook and Word were closed. But lo
and behold, I just signed back in to Outlook and ooops, there's that "A data
file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked
for problems....." message again.

"BillR [MVP]" <BillR(a)removethisbitMVPS.org> wrote in message

Jan Groshan wrote:

<snip>

I am not sure if this would be adding insult to injury, but have a look at:

http://daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/index.shtml

--
Notan

On Monday, August 13, 2007 12:16 AM
BillR [MVP] wrote:

Try with a new profile via the Mail icon in Control Panel.
Try with a new profile via the Mail icon in Control Panel. That should show
whether the Profile is damaged or not. If it still happens change back to
the main profile and try disabling add-ins and if that helps add them back
one by one to see if you can find one that is causing the problem. Also
disable any email antivirus integration.

--
Bill R MVP
"Jan Groshan" <jangro(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message

On Monday, August 13, 2007 9:15 AM
Jan Groshan wrote:

Well, since it isn't happening ALL the time, I think I'll just live with it.
Well, since it is not happening ALL the time, I think I will just live with it.
it is annoying, but not hurting anything. I just thought there might be a
simple answer. Thanks for all your help.

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:35 PM
MRbol wrote:

I am having the same problem and have been very careful about shutting down
I am having the same problem and have been very careful about shutting down
all applications, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Office. I get
this error message every single time I login to Outlook. It is annoying and a
waste of time but appears innocuous.

"Jan Groshan" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:36 PM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

Are you syncing with a pda or using any addins that access outlook data?
Are you syncing with a pda or using any addins that access outlook data?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

"MRbolt" <MRbolt(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:41 PM
MRbol wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
None; it is stand alone.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:12 PM
Diane Poremsky wrote:

here is list of some of the programs that will keep outlook from closing
here is list of some of the programs that will keep outlook from closing
properly:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

"MRbolt" <MRbolt(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:27 PM
MRbol wrote:

Re: Data File Did Not Close Properly
Thanks; I will chalk it up as another Vista feature!

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

Flat file parsing with extra Line Feed at end..
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/028e5fce-868d-46f1-98ae-92b6e5eb44bf/flat-file-parsing-with-ex.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Spam
Next: Meeting Accepts get stuck in Outbox