From: Annie Woughman on
Office 2003, Outlook on a Win7 computer. I have been using Outlook for
years, have 23 birthdays of friends and family to recur every year.
Sometime in the last two weeks, all of these birthdays showed up as one day
earlier. (I know it was two weeks because that was when I had addressed an
earlier birthday card and it was fine then. When I checked dates for the
next card to be addressed I noticed it was on the wrong date--so then I
started checking the rest and sure enough they were ALL set one day ahead.)
I had to go in and manually re-date all 23 and their future recurrences to
the correct date. Does anyone have any idea of why this would happen and
how I can keep it from happening again? All my appointments were OK, but
they were not all day events like the birthdays are.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Annie Woughman" <anniewoughman(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Office 2003, Outlook on a Win7 computer. I have been using Outlook for
> years, have 23 birthdays of friends and family to recur every year. Sometime
> in the last two weeks, all of these birthdays showed up as one day earlier.
> (I know it was two weeks because that was when I had addressed an earlier
> birthday card and it was fine then. When I checked dates for the next card
> to be addressed I noticed it was on the wrong date--so then I started
> checking the rest and sure enough they were ALL set one day ahead.) I had to
> go in and manually re-date all 23 and their future recurrences to the
> correct date. Does anyone have any idea of why this would happen and how I
> can keep it from happening again? All my appointments were OK, but they
> were not all day events like the birthdays are.

Sounds like you either do not have daylight saving time set on your PC your
you have failed to install the DST/time zone updates.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Annie Woughman on

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Annie Woughman" <anniewoughman(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Office 2003, Outlook on a Win7 computer. I have been using Outlook for
>> years, have 23 birthdays of friends and family to recur every year.
>> Sometime in the last two weeks, all of these birthdays showed up as one
>> day earlier. (I know it was two weeks because that was when I had
>> addressed an earlier birthday card and it was fine then. When I checked
>> dates for the next card to be addressed I noticed it was on the wrong
>> date--so then I started checking the rest and sure enough they were ALL
>> set one day ahead.) I had to go in and manually re-date all 23 and their
>> future recurrences to the correct date. Does anyone have any idea of why
>> this would happen and how I can keep it from happening again? All my
>> appointments were OK, but they were not all day events like the birthdays
>> are.
>
> Sounds like you either do not have daylight saving time set on your PC
> your you have failed to install the DST/time zone updates.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Would these have installed with the regular Windows Updates? My computer is
set for automatic updates and it showed the right time on the morning of the
DST change. If not, how do I do this? The weirdest part was the actual
dates of the birthdays were changed an entire day. Like one on June 15
showed up as June 14 and also in the recurring series when I went to change
that it said "Occurs every June 14 effective 6/14/2005." I find it very
bizarre that the difference of one hour would so effectively change all of
them an entire day. I have had holidays and all day events span two days
before if they weren't set up correctly but never jump back an entire day.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Would these have installed with the regular Windows Updates? My computer is
> set for automatic updates and it showed the right time on the morning of the
> DST change. If not, how do I do this? The weirdest part was the actual
> dates of the birthdays were changed an entire day. Like one on June 15
> showed up as June 14 and also in the recurring series when I went to change
> that it said "Occurs every June 14 effective 6/14/2005." I find it very
> bizarre that the difference of one hour would so effectively change all of
> them an entire day. I have had holidays and all day events span two days
> before if they weren't set up correctly but never jump back an entire day.

Did you check the DST settings within Outlook's calendar as well?
Tools>Options>Calendar Options>Time Zone. If you open the item and look at
the start and end times, what do you see?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Annie Woughman on

> "Annie Woughman" <anniewoughman(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Would these have installed with the regular Windows Updates? My computer
>> is set for automatic updates and it showed the right time on the morning
>> of the DST change. If not, how do I do this? The weirdest part was the
>> actual dates of the birthdays were changed an entire day. Like one on
>> June 15 showed up as June 14 and also in the recurring series when I went
>> to change that it said "Occurs every June 14 effective 6/14/2005." I
>> find it very bizarre that the difference of one hour would so effectively
>> change all of them an entire day. I have had holidays and all day events
>> span two days before if they weren't set up correctly but never jump back
>> an entire day.
>
> Did you check the DST settings within Outlook's calendar as well?
> Tools>Options>Calendar Options>Time Zone. If you open the item and look
> at the start and end times, what do you see?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
Current Time Zone: (UTC - 8:00 Pacific Time) (US & Canada) and the box for
Adjust for daylight saving time is checked and the current time is correct.