From: Mike on
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by
HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010
integration etc.

32bit
-----
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f

64bit
-----
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375

Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged
upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is
'crippled' and does not syncronise with all folders - not echoed by others
(yet).

*********************************
* 24 hours later I restarted Outlook again and
* the Upgrade warning did not appear!!
*
* Maybe Microsoft realised the problem and
* have rolled back the issue to work on it
*
* There also have not been any new
* help-requests since yesterday either!
*********************************

The conversion procedure from OC to HC is vague (in my understanding)
because the installation instructions for HC do not mention what to do with
OC ie. uninstall it first or... ?

My questions:

1. What is the correct procedure for migration from OC to HC?
- Uninstall OC first before installing HC?
or
- Install HC and leave OC insitu?

2. Does HC now make OC obsolete and is there any reason to leave OC installed?

3. Or as above - Maybe Microsoft realised the problem already and have
rolled back the issue to work on it ?

Thanks.

From: Mike on
Thanks Roady.

Strange though - I have not upgraded the connector for my Outlook yet and
the upgrade pop-up warning doesn't show anymore!

I smell a rat - that MS have rolled back the need for it until they can
issue a working upgrade patch procedure.

I brought up this issue before that MS should offer a service patch for
Outlook (2000,2003,2007) to bring it up-to-date in terms of e-mail
connectivity protocols.
Therefore making the procedure of adding a new e-mail account more
streamlined for the operator.

eg. To add a new e-mail account to Outlook 2003; the choice of Server Type
still shows - "HTTP - Connect to HTTP e-mail server such as Hotmail to
download e-mail and synchronize mailbox folders."
- This is clearly now obsolete!