From: nass on

"Papasan" wrote:

> Where do I find support for Outlook Express? I am using Windows XP SR2 with
> all the latest updates.
>
> My Outlook Express suddenly decided it will not connect to the Internet. It
> gives the same error message each time I try to retrieve my e-mail:... An
> unknown error has occurred. Account: 'My home email', Server:
> 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
> Number: 0x800C0133
>
> My Internet provider is no help. Can I download and re-install Outlook
> Express? If so, please direct me to the site.
>
> Any info, or ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Papasan

What happen if you compact your Inbox and reboot your machine?.
You may have a corrupted profile try to create another one and see if that
will be able to access and get the e-mails then you can Import the old inbox
to the new one.
You receive a "Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e" error message
when you try to send or receive e-mail in Outlook or in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191687/

You receive error 0x800ccc90 or error 0x800ccc18 when you try to log on to
Exchange Server by using Secure Password Authentication
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704/

The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express By Tom Koch
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514
You receive an error message when you try to receive e-mail messages in
Outlook 2003 or in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299496

Read this on how to configure the POP on the outlook account :
"OLEXP: Error Finding POP3 or SMTP Servers When You Send or Receive E-mail
Messages"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274456/en-us?spid=2578&sid=139

"OL2000: (CW) Error Message "The Server Could Not Be Found" Using ICS
Connection"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252322/
HTH.
Let us know.
Regards,
nass
--------
www.nasstec.co.uk
From: nealh on
I can only say that I had the same problem, and the same message, and my ISP
told me what to put in and where, and it worked fine. You need to get
certain info from them, and I don't understand why they can't help you.