From: Papasan on
Where do I find support for Outlook Express? I am using Windows XP SR2 with
all the latest updates.

My Outlook Express suddenly decided it will not connect to the Internet. It
gives the same error message each time I try to retrieve my e-mail:... An
unknown error has occurred. Account: 'My home email', Server:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800C0133

My Internet provider is no help. Can I download and re-install Outlook
Express? If so, please direct me to the site.

Any info, or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Papasan
From: Mark L. Ferguson on
Rename the Folders.dbx file:
1. Click Start, Search, and then click Files or Folders.
2. In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
3. In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and
then set to seach for hidden and system files.
4. Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.
5. Type folders.old, and then click OK.
6. Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file automatically.
..
--
Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
Mark L. Ferguson

From: Papasan on
Thank you. I renamed to folder and restarted Outlook Express. I still get the
same error message.

Papasan

From: Papasan on
Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested. I still get the same error
message.

Papasan

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
That error number indicaes some problem with one of the storage folders. I
would create a new profile and test the system. If it works, you can Import
the old mail to the new profile.