From: TK on
I believe when I insert a PST file in Outlook, it actually puts an entry
into the registry.
Can someone tell me what this entry is so I can add the PST via editing the
registry...? This way I don't' need the users password to add the PST.
Thanks, Tom...

From: Peter Foldes on
>>This way I don't' need the users password to add the PST.

Is it not you computer? Sure sounds that way. Aside from this you cannot (not
advisable) do it the way you described

--
Peter

From: VanguardLH on
TK wrote:

> I believe when I insert a PST file in Outlook, it actually puts an entry
> into the registry.
> Can someone tell me what this entry is so I can add the PST via editing the
> registry...? This way I don't' need the users password to add the PST.
> Thanks, Tom...

That password is *in* the PST file. You are not asked for the password *in*
the PST file until you *open* that PST file. Even if adding it to a
registry entry, Outlook will see the PST file is password protected and
prompt for the password.
From: Peter Durkee on
I don't think he means the PST is password protected. He just wants to add
the PST to the user's Outlook without logging into the user's computer.

-a different Peter

From: Peter Foldes on
Peter

Yeah right . With an address as xxxxxxx @bennettcompany.com>. He is at a company and
if that is what he wants to do then he can ask the IT person which would be the
correct route. I think he wants to either add or remove email from someone's
computer without anybody knowing about it. This is not the first time I have come
across something like this

--
Peter