From: LadyBonita on
I had problems with Outlook 2003 and had to reinstall. I had used the backup
tool for as long as I can remember but it was lost. I downloaded the tool,
executed the program and then opened Outlook 2003 ... BACKUP IT DOES NOT SHOW
UP UNDER "FILE" ... so I tried installing again and it says it is already
installed but removed it and reinstalled ... still no BACKUP under FILE.

HELP!!

I also lost my HTML format for messages and can not get it back.

Bonita
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"LadyBonita" <LadyBonita(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I had problems with Outlook 2003 and had to reinstall. I had used the backup
> tool for as long as I can remember but it was lost. I downloaded the tool,
> executed the program and then opened Outlook 2003 ... BACKUP IT DOES NOT
> SHOW
> UP UNDER "FILE" ... so I tried installing again and it says it is already
> installed but removed it and reinstalled ... still no BACKUP under FILE.

Ininstalling and reinstalling Outlook does not affect your data in any way
when done properly. You do not need to use the backup tool to recover your
data. SImply open the mail profile with the Mail applet in Control Panel and
add your existing data file to the mail profile, setting it as the default.
Start Outlook and all your mail, contacts, events, etc. will be there.

Since PFBACKUP seems to be installed already, click
Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>COM Add-Ins. CLick Add and browse to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Addins. Select outbak.dll and
click OK, OK, OK, and OK. Stop and restart Outlook. Do you see the Backup
menu item now?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]