From: alexjo on
Please advise -I cannot receive emails from outlook................everything
was normal until Sunday March 28th.
From: LD55ZRA on
Your post isn't helpful at all. Is it possible for you to say
whether there are any error messages on the screen? Version of OL
and operating system?

You should understand that everybody is operating in a different
environment and so you should give as much info as possible to
find the perfect solution for you. Did you install any updates or
any software. Did you have any viruses. Did you use those
useless registry cleaners.

hth

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"alexjo" <alexjo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Please advise -I cannot receive emails from
> outlook................everything
> was normal until Sunday March 28th.

You first: state your Outlook version, your account type, and exactly what
does happen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
alexjo wrote:

> Please advise -I cannot receive emails from outlook................everything
> was normal until Sunday March 28th.

Oh, it's broke, uh huh, lots of detail there. No Outlook version. No
Windows version. No type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, HTTP, Exchange). No
description of what "cannot receive" means. No complete error message, or
no indication if there is one or not. No mention if the webmail interface
to your e-mail account shows it is still working, and if you can send and
receive a test message using that webmail client to make sure your
unidentified e-mail provider is still up.

This is Usenet. It is not a venue for free support from Microsoft. It is
also not a prattling chat room where participants will dig out one detail at
a time over a series of posts to ferret out the details that you already
know. Even if you are a child, you are asking in a varied group of users of
all age ranges but mostly from teens on up, so try to post like an adult
(or, at least, like a teen but omit the cutsy chatspeak or texting lingo).
Crying "I got a boo boo" works when mommy is right there. That doesn't work
over the Internet. Look at your original. Just what was anyone supposed to
do with it?

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's Communities,
Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet proxy), those are
gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum, you are participating
in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Bye.