From: Barb on
I am posting this for a friend so excuse me if I don't have all the
particulars. I believe he has Outlook 2003 but I will find out for sure.

"I have two email addresses: somone(a)somewhere.com, and the
rightone(a)mycorrectaccount.com. Outlook is hte application I use for these
and when I created the second email address, Outlook automatically gave me a
little "Account" button on my outbound emails so I can indicate which address
I wish to send from.

The default address was always the someone email address, so I learned how
to go into Outlook Tools and set the therightone one as the default to send
from, so that is all fixed.

But what happens is this. When I send a brand new email, that is, not a
reply to someone, but one I originate, it does in fact go fromtherightone.
HOWEVER, when someone sends me an email, even if they send it to therightone,
when I hit "Reply" it sends it from someone(a)somewhere unless I manually hit
that "Account" button to change it to therightone account.

Can one of you suggest how I fix that, so the default is therightone for
both new mail and for replies? Thanks. "
From: neo on
Is the someone(a)somewhere.com and rightone(a)mycorrectaccount.com delivered to
the same ISP mailbox? If the answer to this is yes, then it makes sense
that a reply/forward to an existing item goes out under the wrong account.
More or less Outlook remembers which account retrieved the message so the
reply/forward goes out under the account it was received under. In this
case, it reads like items are being received under the someone account and
not rightone.

Best option is to remove the someone account from Outlook or its
send/recieve settings to see if your friend gets the desired results.

From: Barb on
THanks, and yes they are. I told him to try that, will see.