From: Digitaldude on
I have two accounts in Outlook 2007. I want one account to have a siginature
and the other one not to have a siginature. When i go to put a siginature to
the first account, I select the account and then creat the siginature that I
want. Then I save it and then select the second account the siginature of the
first account appears in the second account. How do i config this? I have
googled it but nothing has worked for me so far.

Account #1 - siginature
Account #2 - No siginature

This is what I want. All help or suggetions are welcomed.

Thanks
From: LD55ZRA on
You need to select the default email account for which the signature is
to apply. Try this:

Tools, Options, Mail Format tab

Now select Signatures button. On the right hand side you will see
"Choose Default Signature" and a drop down list of your accounts. You
need to choose Account #1 for signature to apply.

hth

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
You mean when you select the account in tools, options, mail format,
signatures and assign a signature, the wrong signature is used when you send
mail?

Note - you should create a blank signature and assign it to the no signature
account. Then when you switch accounts, the signatures will change
automatically. For best results, you should make the blank signature just
two dashes. This allows you to see where it begins so you don't type in the
signature field.
Signature spell check problem:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070525.htm

Instructions - these are for 2003 but 2007 is similar
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/signatures.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Digitaldude on

"LD55ZRA" wrote:

> You need to select the default email account for which the signature is
> to apply. Try this:
>
> Tools, Options, Mail Format tab
>
> Now select Signatures button. On the right hand side you will see
> "Choose Default Signature" and a drop down list of your accounts. You
> need to choose Account #1 for signature to apply.
>
> hth
>

> Digitaldude wrote:
> > I have two accounts in Outlook 2007. I want one account to have a siginature
> > and the other one not to have a siginature. When i go to put a siginature to
> > the first account, I select the account and then creat the siginature that I
> > want. Then I save it and then select the second account the siginature of the
> > first account appears in the second account. How do i config this? I have
> > googled it but nothing has worked for me so far.
> >
> > Account #1 - siginature
> > Account #2 - No siginature
> >
> > This is what I want. All help or suggetions are welcomed.
> >
> > Thanks
> .
> HTH,

I tried that and it didn't work. When I create a siginatur for the account
that I choose as default it creates the same one in the account that I don't
want one in. It's like Outlook creates siginatures for both accounts no
matter which account I choose as default. I'll keep digging.

Thanks

From: Digitaldude on

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> You mean when you select the account in tools, options, mail format,
> signatures and assign a signature, the wrong signature is used when you send
> mail?
>
> Note - you should create a blank signature and assign it to the no signature
> account. Then when you switch accounts, the signatures will change
> automatically. For best results, you should make the blank signature just
> two dashes. This allows you to see where it begins so you don't type in the
> signature field.
> Signature spell check problem:
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070525.htm
>

> Instructions - these are for 2003 but 2007 is similar
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/signatures.htm
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473
>

> "Digitaldude" <Digitaldude(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have two accounts in Outlook 2007. I want one account to have a
> > siginature
> > and the other one not to have a siginature. When i go to put a siginature
> > the first account, I select the account and then creat the siginature that
> > want. Then I save it and then select the second account the siginature of
> > the
> > first account appears in the second account. How do i config this? I have
> > googled it but nothing has worked for me so far.
> >
> > Account #1 - siginature
> > Account #2 - No siginature
> >
> > This is what I want. All help or suggetions are welcomed.
> >
> > Thanks

Diane,
I tried the "two dash" thing for a blank sig but Outlook puts the two
dashes as my siginature in both accounts, no matter that I select one as my
default account. Yes to the first part of you reply. I go to create a sig and
Outlook put the sig in both account no matter which I select as my default.
Still confused....

Thanks