From: LD55ZRA on
The error you are getting is because your email settings in outlook isn't
correct. In particular you need to look at port numbers and I suggest have
Vista settings and Windows 7 settings side by side and compare where the
difference lies.

Sometimes even your Anti-virus stops you from connecting and you can stop it
from scanning your emails and it may resolve the problem.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_thread/thread/6318098c404e011b?hl=en#

hth

From: Peter Foldes on
Remo

You did not mention which version of the McAfee Security Center is installed. Some
versions does not turn off the email scanning when you deselect it. The best way and
the surest way to make sure that the email scanning gets turned off is to uninstall
the McAfee Security Center and then re-install it without selecting the email
integration (scanning) option.

--
Peter