From: Nancy on
My links have stopped being active in my messages when I type them in. As in
they do not show an actual link but just plain text for the url. Even in HTML
emails and those I send too also don't get a live active link. I've looked
all over for this setting and can't seem to find what works. Could anyone
please tell me how to make the links active when I simply input a url into my
email message? (I do NOT want to have to do the whole "Insert URL" thing.)

Thanks!
Nancy

From: LD55ZRA on
You need to change the format of your messages to HTML. To do this try the
following:

* On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.

* In the Message format list (the first item drop down list), click the
format that you want

In the event that this message is censored by M$, the entire thread is
archived here:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_thread/thread/2c7da14865409679#

hth

From: Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com on
In Outlook, click on TOOLS > OPTIONS > Mail Format tab > Message Format -
Compose in this message format is set to what? HTML, Plain Text, or Rich Text?
If it's anything but HTML, try changing it to HTML.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Is autocorrect's hyperlink HTML enabled? tools, options, spelling tab,
autocorrect button. Look for the option to convert web addresses to
hyperlinks.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Nancy on
That seemed to do it Boy that option was buried deep!
Thanks Diane!