From: Paul V Andrews on

I have a user accessing Windows Server 2003 via a Terminal Services
(Citrix)connection. From time to time she has problems when Outlook 2003
locks up in a reply to an email with problems loading the Word editor. The
Event log records the following Event ID 10000 from DCOM -

"Unable to start a DCOM Server: {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}. The
error: "A close operation is pending on the session. " Happened while
starting this command: "D:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE" -Embedding"

The user reports that the problem occurs when replying to an overseas
contact. I wonder whether there is a charater set problem? Could I / Should I
have a new user profile created for this user?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
It is not recommended to use Word as the Outlook email editor.
Check if the problem disappears when you define a different editor:

Considerations when Installing Outlook in a Terminal Services
Environment
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011402681033.aspx
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBWIEFuZHJld3M=?=
<PaulVAndrews(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 jul 2006 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services: