From: Jeffery Jones on
Can the existing Terminal Server Printer Redirection Wizard
(TSPDRW_package.exe) be used to redirect printer redirection requests to 64
bit printer drivers?

If not, what options are available, in the terminal server environment, to
support printers that do not have 64 bit printer drivers available.

Is there a newer version of TSPDRW?
If there isn't a wizard is there a procedure that achieves the same result?
--
Jeffery Jones

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
This should help:

895612 - How to find a compatible printer driver for a computer that
is running a 64-bit version of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=895612

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZmVyeSBKb25lcw==?=
<JefferyJones(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 10 jul 2006 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

From: Jeffery Jones on
The article you mentioned below did have some very useful information on
finding 64 bit drivers. Thank you for this.

Your response did not address my question about the Terminal Server Printer
Redirection Wizard. In the 32 bit world, If a Terminal Server client has a
particular printer for which there isn't a well behaving driver, the TS
Printer Redirection Wizard allows the admininistrator of the Terminal Server
to substitue another driver for a different printer. The driver for printer
model 4100 handles the requests for printer model 4200, as an example. This
terminal server client, in this case someone outside our organization, still
has the driver for model 4200 on their workstation.

The article you mentioned helps me find well behaved 64 bit drivers. If a
well behaved driver isn't available, the TS Printer Redirection Wizard allow
me to use another driver. My question is how does this process work in the
64 bit world.

Thanks again.
--
Jeffery Jones

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
I've no idea if the Wizard works on 64 bit Windows.

I never use the Wizard, all it does is simply look for an Event
"cannot find printer driver" and then modifies the ntprintsubs.inf
file to map an unknown driver to a native driver.

This process is well documented here:

239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
1105, and 1106
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZmVyeSBKb25lcw==?=
<JefferyJones(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 11 jul 2006 in

From: Jeffery Jones on
Vera:
Thank you for this.

I will setup the redirection wizard manually using the Technet article.
Have you tried this procedure? Are there any modifications to adapt this to
64 bit server?

One other problem, the Event log is not reporting Events 1111. That is, when
I connect with RDP client, with printers enanbled, no errors show in the log.
No printers show up in "Printers and Faxes". The print spooler is setup to
log all printer events: Information, Warning, Error. Local Security Policy
is enabled for sucess and failure for all events in the Audit Policy section.

I am using a 32 bit client to connect to the 64 bit Terminal Server. It is
the latest version of the RDP client.

I appreciate any help you can give.

--
Jeffery Jones