From: liu on
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the
updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I
started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before,
but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning.
I turned off the PC and it was on the next day.

problems:
1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the
editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use
arrow keys to navigate when editing.
2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit,
Word opens.
3. Everytime I quit Outlook, I get "Microsoft Office Word has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience." errorl. Reover my work and restart Microsft Word is
on. If I leave it on, it will open Word with a blank page. If I quit
Word, I get the same error message again and again unless I uncheck
that box.
4. Word has become much less stable. It crashes often (such as double-
clicking an image in Word doc) and sometimes has its own error
message.

Does anyone happen to know a solution to this?

thanks,

From: Bob I on
Start by contacting your IT department.

From: joefox on
You can also check to see if Word is the email editor. Open Outlook, click
Tools>Options>Mail Format tab. Uncheck "Use Office Word to edit email
messages". Might get you by until you check with your IT. You could also run
a Detect and Repair from the Help menu. Check both options and click OK.

From: Slipstick on

Start outlook in safe mode - does it work? To start in safe mode, close
outlook and hold Ctrl as you click the outlook icon to restart.

Check if word as enabled as the email editor. Disable it and see if it
works better.

Try Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: liu on
Thank you all for the advice.

It runs fine like it used to be in Safe Mode. Don't know what features
are missing with safe mode though. Maybe I should just use Safe Mode.
Uncheck Word for editing works too. It appears the problem is the
Word. Detect and repair does not help.

I may ask them to upgrade to Office 2007.

Regards,