From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Tom" <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in message

> So is the Outlook Hotmail Connector the *answer* to this problem?? Have you
> actually tried it?

Yes, I have.

> Its crippled compared to the OC v12.1 - it doesn't sync all folders like
> OC12.1 unless you have
> Outlook 2010...

This doesn't seem true for me.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: BigDot on
"Haven't looked"? The minute I saw this "upgrade" I knew it would be a huge
hassle because every Microsoft "upgrade" is a huge hassle.

First I got the loop, then I found a supposedly correct link, then removed
Outlook Connector, then re-installed from the correct link, and restarted.
So I have it, but the password request isn't coming up. I see the Account
Services on Outlook 2003 but I don't see how to reconnect to Hotmail
reliably. Why does this have to be such a bloody nuisance?

"Duncan McC" wrote:

> In article <2DE71AC1-4AD8-44F2-A329-C82C3B8FDE3E(a)microsoft.com>,
> Stagger(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >
> > Morning all,
> >
> > Opened Outlook 2007 thismorning and I was prompted to upgrade Outlook
> > connector, accepted the upgrade as it woud not let me access hotmail
> > otherwise. When outlook shutdown to install the connector I was given a
> > repair/remove option in the connector installer, selected repair. When
> > outlook restarted I was again prompted to upgrade connector. Have now tried
> > both repair/remove and various combinations of rebooting my PC during the
> > install all with no effect. I still can't access hotmail though outlook.
> > Anyone else seen this? The latest connector I have found on MS site is sept
> > 09 so I should aready have this as its a fresh Win7 install on my PC from
> > about Feb this year.
>
> Answers posted several times now (you haven't looked have you) :)
>
> The latest connector installer is actually here...
>
> Direct link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
> 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en
>
> If unable to unwrap that line, use the link to it, here:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>

> --
> Duncan.
> .