From: Xaos on
I am using Outlook 2003

I have my AOL account setup where I am able to send and receive email
from AOL. Lately, a box pops up which says:

PLEASE ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVER:

SERVER: IMAP.AOL.COM
USERNAME: MY USERNAME
PASSWORD: MY PASSWORD

(REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX IS UNCHECKED)

The username and password are usually already filled in, but I put it in
again, just to be sure it was correct. Even after I put in the correct
username and password, that box pops up again and continues to ask for
this information. I am trying to see if it does the same thing on the
laptop as well as the desktop.

I also tried checking the remember password box, and that doesn't work
either.

Thanks in advance!

Chaz
From: Patrick Keenan on
"Xaos" <chazperx(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2003
>
> I have my AOL account setup where I am able to send and receive email from
> AOL. Lately, a box pops up which says:
>
> PLEASE ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVER:
>
> SERVER: IMAP.AOL.COM
> USERNAME: MY USERNAME
> PASSWORD: MY PASSWORD
>
> (REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX IS UNCHECKED)
>
> The username and password are usually already filled in, but I put it in
> again, just to be sure it was correct. Even after I put in the correct
> username and password, that box pops up again and continues to ask for
> this information. I am trying to see if it does the same thing on the
> laptop as well as the desktop.
>
> I also tried checking the remember password box, and that doesn't work
> either.
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Chaz

If it keeps asking for the password, it's probably because the password is
being rejected. Telling it to remember a password it doesn't like won't
help. There are a number of reasons for this, including the server having
issues, and Outlook having the password or username wrong.

The password and account name may actually be correct; the problem may be
with the email server itself. Try using a web interface to get to your
mail account and verify or reset the password and verify the user name. If
you can't get in via the web interface, there's either a server problem you
can't fix (but the ISP can, and is probably trying to fix right now) or you
have the password wrong - perhaps the caps lock key is on.

HTH
-pk

From: Maggie on
Oh man I'm having the same problem with Outlook 2000. SOMEONE HELP!?

From: Gary on
Me too. Any resolutions on this isue ?
thanks
Gary

"Maggie" wrote:

> Oh man I'm having the same problem with Outlook 2000. SOMEONE HELP!?
>
> "Xaos" wrote:
>
> > I am using Outlook 2003
> >
> > I have my AOL account setup where I am able to send and receive email
> > from AOL. Lately, a box pops up which says:
> >
> > PLEASE ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVER:
> >
> > SERVER: IMAP.AOL.COM
> > USERNAME: MY USERNAME
> > PASSWORD: MY PASSWORD
> >
> > (REMEMBER PASSWORD BOX IS UNCHECKED)
> >
> > The username and password are usually already filled in, but I put it in
> > again, just to be sure it was correct. Even after I put in the correct
> > username and password, that box pops up again and continues to ask for
> > this information. I am trying to see if it does the same thing on the
> > laptop as well as the desktop.
> >
> > I also tried checking the remember password box, and that doesn't work
> > either.
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Chaz

Pages: 1
Prev: Spell Check Settings