From: DannyM on
Have outlook 2007 with business contact installed about 2 months. Outlook
2007 won't start from the task bar or the desktop icon unless I restart the
computer and then start outlook first before anything else.
Otherwise, if the computer has been on and i have been working and try to
start outlook - nothing happens. The hourglass (working) icon comes on for a
few seconds, goes out, but the program does not start.
When its running it seems to be fine.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"DannyM" <DannyM(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Have outlook 2007 with business contact installed about 2 months. Outlook
> 2007 won't start from the task bar or the desktop icon unless I restart the
> computer and then start outlook first before anything else.
> Otherwise, if the computer has been on and i have been working and try to
> start outlook - nothing happens. The hourglass (working) icon comes on for
> few seconds, goes out, but the program does not start.
> When its running it seems to be fine.

See if something here helps:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm
--