From: Dennis Rose on
In Outlook 2000, How can I stop the message "A program is trying to
automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"

What Outlook setting do I need to change?

I know how to stop it in Outlook Express"

Help!
From: VanguardLH on
Dennis Rose wrote:

> In Outlook 2000, How can I stop the message "A program is trying to
> automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"
>
> What Outlook setting do I need to change?
>
> I know how to stop it in Outlook Express"
>
> Help!

Do you even know what program is attempting to use Outlook to send e-mail?
If so, there was a reason to hide your knowledge of it and what it is?

Don't run the program that is attempting to usurp Outlook as its e-mail
client.

Get a newer version of that program which obeys the security model in
Outlook.

Outlook Express doesn't have this security so you did not "stop it" in OE.

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
Lets you decide whether or not a program always gets access to Outlook's
objects and controls. It also will identify just what is the program that
is trying to do this -- which seems to be your situation (of not knowing)
based on your complete lack of its description of what is "it" that is
trying to use Outlook.
From: Dennis Rose on
Thanks for the reply.

The program trying to use Outlook is one I wrote. I have a VB5 pgm that
automatically sends emails to customers instead of salespeople having to
manually send the emails. I need to have this progam run with Outlook just
like it does with Outlook Express, ie not stopped by Outlook. How can I do
this?

Thanks again for your help!!

From: VanguardLH on
Dennis Rose wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Dennis Rose wrote:
>>
>>> In Outlook 2000, How can I stop the message "A program is trying to
>>> automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"
>>
>> Do you even know what program is attempting to use Outlook to send e-mail?
>> If so, there was a reason to hide your knowledge of it and what it is?
>>
>> Don't run the program that is attempting to usurp Outlook as its e-mail
>> client.
>>
>> Get a newer version of that program which obeys the security model in
>> Outlook.
>>
>> Outlook Express doesn't have this security so you did not "stop it" in OE.
>>
>> http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
>> Lets you decide whether or not a program always gets access to Outlook's
>> objects and controls. It also will identify just what is the program that
>> is trying to do this -- which seems to be your situation (of not knowing)
>> based on your complete lack of its description of what is "it" that is
>> trying to use Outlook.
>
> The program trying to use Outlook is one I wrote. I have a VB5 pgm that
> automatically sends emails to customers instead of salespeople having to
> manually send the emails. I need to have this progam run with Outlook just
> like it does with Outlook Express, ie not stopped by Outlook. How can I do
> this?

one solution is in my prior reply. For how to properly code your program to
obey Outlook's security model, a programming group might be able to help.
I'd have to go searching MS Technet to find info on it again.
From: Johnb on

"Dennis Rose" <DennisRose(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The program trying to use Outlook is one I wrote. I have a VB5 pgm that
> automatically sends emails to customers instead of salespeople having to
> manually send the emails. I need to have this progam run with Outlook just
> like it does with Outlook Express, ie not stopped by Outlook. How can I
> do
> this?
>
> Thanks again for your help!!
>

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> Dennis Rose wrote:
>>
>> > In Outlook 2000, How can I stop the message "A program is trying to
>> > automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?"
>> >
>> > What Outlook setting do I need to change?
>> >
>> > I know how to stop it in Outlook Express"
>> >
>> > Help!
>>
>> Do you even know what program is attempting to use Outlook to send
>> e-mail?
>> If so, there was a reason to hide your knowledge of it and what it is?
>>
>> Don't run the program that is attempting to usurp Outlook as its e-mail
>> client.
>>
>> Get a newer version of that program which obeys the security model in
>> Outlook.
>>
>> Outlook Express doesn't have this security so you did not "stop it" in
>> OE.
>>
>> http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
>> Lets you decide whether or not a program always gets access to Outlook's
>> objects and controls. It also will identify just what is the program
>> that
>> is trying to do this -- which seems to be your situation (of not knowing)
>> based on your complete lack of its description of what is "it" that is
>> trying to use Outlook.
>> .

Apart from re-programming, or using the mapilab tool, you can search for
clickyes - a small program that will automatically intercept that dialog and
click Yes for you. Of course there is a security risk, but pretty minor IMO
if you have decent AV software.

--
John
businesses