From: Dennis Rose on
I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If
I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately.

If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email
and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is
placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program and
then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the
Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send
and receive).

I want the Email to immediately go out (when using the ".Display" mailitem
in my program) after clicking the "Send" button on the Outlook display
screen.

What do I need to do??

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dennis Rose" <DennisRose(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If
> I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately.
>
> If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email
> and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is
> placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program
> and
> then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the
> Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send
> and receive).
>
> I want the Email to immediately go out (when using the ".Display" mailitem
> in my program) after clicking the "Send" button on the Outlook display
> screen.
>
> What do I need to do??

You need to ask in the programming group.
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]