From: dedawson on
Never had this problem with 2003. But, with 2007...

Whenever I select a chunk of text and then right-click for the context
menu, 98% (or more) of the time I end up with the Move Here | Copy
Here context rather than the Editing context. To say this is annoying
is being incredibly polite! I've discovered that if I go into Options
| Advanced | Editing Options and disable 'allow text to be dragged and
dropped' the problem goes away; as does the ability to drag and drop,
which is entirely unacceptable.

The question, then, is one of whether there is any way to desensitize
the Move Here | Copy Here context so one can drag and drop AND easily
access the Editing context? A registry parameter, perhaps?
From: perfection on
On Jan 20, 6:44 am, dedawson <dedawson4...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Never had this problem with 2003. But, with 2007...
>
> Whenever I select a chunk of text and then right-click for the context
> menu, 98% (or more) of the time I end up with the Move Here | Copy
> Here context rather than the Editing context.  To say this is annoying
> is being incredibly polite!  I've discovered that if I go into Options
> | Advanced | Editing Options and disable 'allow text to be dragged and
> dropped' the problem goes away; as does the ability to drag and drop,
> which is entirely unacceptable.
>
> The question, then, is one of whether there is any way to desensitize
> the Move Here | Copy Here context so one can drag and drop AND easily
> access the Editing context?  A registry parameter, perhaps?

I agree with this wholly and entirely. When i right click on an
outline of an image or textart et the object tends to mov o get
dislocated marginally almost always and i do have steady hands....
From: Lucy Thomson on
Hi

See if this helps:
Office shapes move or duplicate themselves when I click them (VISTA)
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

From: dedawson on
Wish that it did, but no luck. Running under XP, where the
Compatibility tab does not even have a "Disable desktop composition"
option.
From: Lucy Thomson on
Does it happen if you use the right click button on your keyboard rather
than the mouse? (If you aren't sure which button that is, there's a pic
here:
http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/05/29/keyboard-shortcut-to-open-right-click-context-menu/)

Lucy