From: Jeff on
With a fresh install of Vista followed byt he support DVD install I have
this problem:

When running the install for the chipset I am faced with a prompt that comes
up after reboot that asks me if I want to make a intel ich9 32/64 bit
raid/ahci driver disk or a JMicron JMB36x 32/64 bit RAID?AHCI driver.

I dopn't hink I need either since I will not be using raid, just all the
available SATA ports.

And even so, no floppd disk drive installed.

So how do I prevent this DOS box from asking me to make a disk?

Thnx

jeff

From: Juarez on
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:53:31 -0400, Jeff wrote:

> With a fresh install of Vista followed byt he support DVD install I have
> this problem:
>
> When running the install for the chipset I am faced with a prompt that comes
> up after reboot that asks me if I want to make a intel ich9 32/64 bit
> raid/ahci driver disk or a JMicron JMB36x 32/64 bit RAID?AHCI driver.
>

> I dopn't hink I need either since I will not be using raid, just all the
> available SATA ports.
>
> And even so, no floppd disk drive installed.
>
> So how do I prevent this DOS box from asking me to make a disk?
>
> Thnx
>
> jeff

I don't think you need to install chipset driver on Vista if you are not
using RAID. I have P5K, not premium, and didn't install a chipset driver on
Vista. All I see there is a driver for RAID.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
From: Jeff on

> I don't think you need to install chipset driver on Vista if you are not
> using RAID. I have P5K, not premium, and didn't install a chipset driver
> on
> Vista. All I see there is a driver for RAID.
>
> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

But will the Sata Ports (ALL eight of them) all work without the Chipset
driver?

jeff

From: cqui3 on

"Jeff" <Jeff(a)somewhere.com> a �crit dans le message de

>> I don't think you need to install chipset driver on Vista if you are not
>> using RAID. I have P5K, not premium, and didn't install a chipset driver
>> on
>> Vista. All I see there is a driver for RAID.
>>
>> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
>

> But will the Sata Ports (ALL eight of them) all work without the Chipset
> driver?
>
> jeff

Yers. But there may be a setting in the BIOS that would need to be set to
either
RAID or SATA.

Otherwise, just disable RAID in the BIOS. It will workas SATA.

From: Juarez on
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:51:52 -0400, cqui3 wrote:

> Yers. But there may be a setting in the BIOS that would need to be set to
> either
> RAID or SATA.
>
> Otherwise, just disable RAID in the BIOS. It will workas SATA.

I always just set SATA to IDE mode and don't bother with drivers. I did
install a driver once and use SATA mode but i never noticed a dif in
performance between IDE and SATA mode so just use IDE mode now. Less aggro
that way.