From: Caesar Valenti on
I just got my new P7P55D-E Pro and made the stupid move of changing the
OV_DRAM switch position and forgot the original position.
I was not that worried about it since I have the manual. However the
manual is less than clear. It SEEMS to indicate that the normal
position is towards the left,
but that is open to interpretation...and different from what I have seen
in some pictures. It mentions something about a RED position, but don't
see any red (which is making me see red!)
Can somebody tell me the default non-overvoltage position so I don't
burn up my RAM.
Thanks
CV
From: Rob on

"Caesar Valenti" <caesarv(a)email.com> wrote in message
>I just got my new P7P55D-E Pro and made the stupid move of changing the
>OV_DRAM switch position and forgot the original position.
> I was not that worried about it since I have the manual. However the
> manual is less than clear. It SEEMS to indicate that the normal position
> is towards the left,
> but that is open to interpretation...and different from what I have seen
> in some pictures. It mentions something about a RED position, but don't
> see any red (which is making me see red!)
> Can somebody tell me the default non-overvoltage position so I don't burn
> up my RAM.
> Thanks
> CV

To the left (when looking down at the mobo with CPU end upwards.)
The 'red' refers to the colour you'll see in the BIOS DRAM voltage
setting screen when the jumper is in the OV_DRAM enabled position
(ie with the jumper to the right.) Asus use colour changes to remind
you when non-standard settings in the BIOS have been enabled/selected.
Recommend you go into the BIOS and check immediately after you
put it back on the leftmost 2 pins, just in case.
HTH
--
Rob

From: Caesar Valenti on
Rob wrote:
> "Caesar Valenti" <caesarv(a)email.com> wrote in message
>
>> I just got my new P7P55D-E Pro and made the stupid move of changing the
>> OV_DRAM switch position and forgot the original position.
>> I was not that worried about it since I have the manual. However the
>> manual is less than clear. It SEEMS to indicate that the normal position
>> is towards the left,
>> but that is open to interpretation...and different from what I have seen
>> in some pictures. It mentions something about a RED position, but don't
>> see any red (which is making me see red!)
>> Can somebody tell me the default non-overvoltage position so I don't burn
>> up my RAM.
>> Thanks
>> CV
>>

> To the left (when looking down at the mobo with CPU end upwards.)
> The 'red' refers to the colour you'll see in the BIOS DRAM voltage
> setting screen when the jumper is in the OV_DRAM enabled position
> (ie with the jumper to the right.) Asus use colour changes to remind
> you when non-standard settings in the BIOS have been enabled/selected.
> Recommend you go into the BIOS and check immediately after you
> put it back on the leftmost 2 pins, just in case.
> HTH

Thanks. I just got my i7 processor today, so I haven't even turned it
on yet. Due to other commitments, I probably will not get this finished
until late next week.
I did not know about the red color in the bios....that would explain the
confusion.

CV

Pages: 1
Prev: Asus A33 DAV