From: DL on
All PC's supplied with windows preinstalled have a means of recovery,
Either via recovery cd supplied by the PC maker
or
Hidden restore partition which you have to access to create the recovery
cd's
In future, before you buy a new PC do some basic research

From: Tim Meddick on
Try pressing the [F8] key, repeatedly, as soon as you turn on the PC.

This should bring up the Advanced Windows Startup and Recovery Options screen.

Try choosing the option : "Last Known Good Configuration" from the list of
options...

Do this before you attempt a complete re-install...

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)