From: Doug on
Hello,

I need to find an OCX control that would work in VB6 that allows me to
open up PDF files and pull data from them (so that I can store the
data in the database for example). We may go the route of using
Adobe's control, but we are trying to find something else out there
first, either a free control or one that isn't too expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not actually using this in VB6
but in another programming language (Progress). But if they are
accessible in VB6 they should be accessible in Progress...
From: Shotgun Thom on
On Jul 12, 8:38 am, Doug <dnlwh...(a)dtgnet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to find an OCX control that would work in VB6 that allows me to
> open up PDF files and pull data from them (so that I can store the
> data in the database for example).  We may go the route of using
> Adobe's control, but we are trying to find something else out there
> first, either a free control or one that isn't too expensive.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm not actually using this in VB6
> but in another programming language (Progress).  But if they are
> accessible in VB6 they should be accessible in Progress...

Try here. There is a free version (somewhat limited), trial version
and registered version.

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/

Tom