From: KingKikapu on

I use the resource usage view with an applied grouping that groups our
resources based on our company two level resource outline code. This
works great in summarizing our costs, so this view is the one I use for
our budget reports (I collapse everything to the outline code summary
level and print to PDF with the intent of emailing it to the respective
parties). Overall it is a good system.

My only problem is sometimes there are notes explaining any large cost
variances (at the assignment level), but there is no way to write these
at the grouping summary levels (project won't let you). I would like to
show some of these notes, but I do not want to print the report with
everything open as they quickly get overwhelmed with details. I want to
be able to print the view to PDF and MAINTAIN accessibility to the
expand/collapse function.

I know Kidasa Milestones 2008 has something like this, but the program
is admittely a mess. Is there a way to implement this, or does anybody
know of an app that produces this sort of functionality?

Many Thanks

--
KingKikapu
KingKikapu's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/119086.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jack Dahlgren MVP on
There is no PDF writer which does this.
I think that exporting to excel might give you the ability to group and
collapse, but it would not be collapsed by default.

-Jack Dahlgren

From: KingKikapu on

Damn you WYSIWYG!

What about some sort of HTML export? Exporting to excel makes for a
formatting mess.

From: KingKikapu on

Alright thanks for your suggestions gentlemen.

I will have to find another way to succintly report without presenting
full access to the Project files.

From: JulieS on
Hello KingKakapu,

You may find one of the third party project viewers (Housatonic,
Seavus, Steelray) might work for your users. See:
http://project.mvps.org/comprods.htm

for a list of companion products. If you search the page for
"project viewer" you'll hit upon several.

I hope this helps.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional