From: Glenna on
Can I send a PDF that requires a password to open? I want to send PDF files
to an email account with multiple users, but only want selected users to be
able to open the attachment.
From: Bob I on
Outlook has no control over the security of a PDF file, that's handled
by the PDF file creation software and the reader, but you can certainly
e-mail the file to the recipients.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
I don't think you can password protect PDF files, but you could always zip
it and password the zip. you'll need to find a way to tell the right people
what the password is - you won't be able to email it to them if the others
also read the mail.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

From: Bob I on
Adobe Acrobat allows you to "set password to open" at least as far back
as version 6, but the zip folder password option in Windows will work as
well.