From: noname on 17 Mar 2005 11:29
I get a message'Windows blocked following from connecting to internet
' PDP RPC server by device guys.' what is this program, is it safe to allow
it to acess internet? thanks for any help
From: David H. Lipman on 17 Mar 2005 11:44
From: "noname" <noname(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
| I get a message'Windows blocked following from connecting to internet
| ' PDP RPC server by device guys.' what is this program, is it safe to allow
| it to acess internet? thanks for any help
Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files
1) Download the following three items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend Pattern File.
Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop
(e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download Sysclean.com and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt500.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as
2) Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
(e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point
* Please report your results ! *
http://www.ik-cs.com/ --> "Got a virus?"
Prev: can't logon as administrator in safe mode w/ xp home
Next: No Users