From: Marcock on
Gerry,

Thank you very much, I'll try that and I'll come back to you in a week's
time to let you know whether it works or not.

All the Best/ Marcock

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:12:02 -0800, Marcock
<Marcock(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I found a ppsds.pgf file (size 1.00GB) in my partition drive,

What do you mean by "partition drive"?

> what kind of
> file is this?

There are several possibilities. Read here:
http://filext.com/file-extension/PGF

Also remember filext.com, which is an excellent site for answering
questions like this yourself.

> Can I delete it? Please advise. Thanks!

Only you can determine wheter you need or want it. Windows certainly
doesn't need it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Marcock on
Hi Gerry,

I did as what you suggested, I changed the file extension to 'old' on 16th,
and on the 18th I noticed there were 2 newly created files in the partition
drive (drive 'D') namely: ppsds.pgf(same file name before it changed to
ppsds.old) & PFSVODATA.ppv, they both have the same size as the changed
ppsds.old file, any idea why? Anyway, I have just deleted the 'old' file and
the other 2 file, I leave them in the Recycle bin and see what will happen if
I delete them.

Marcock

From: Gerry on
Marcock

In which country are you?

This link seems to be relevant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPLive

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Marcock on
Hi Gerry,

I am from Hong Kong and I have the PPLive software installed. As I told you
that I had already deleted those 3 files but just now when I switched on the
computer, the 'old' and 'pgf' files were gone but the 'PGSVODATA.ppv' file is
still there, very strange, could it be caused by the PPLive software? I have
been to the Wikipedia PPLive link, it didn't mention anything about the files
created. Thanks again for your kind response.

Marcock

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Stop 0x000000A5