From: "cp" on
Hello folks,

I recently upgraded to PHP5.3 installation for my IIS server running in
fast-cgi mode.

I found the php_interbase.dll extension missing in the download package.
I already tried to compile it myself but after installing tons of tools for
development I got stuck with some strange errors and I simply cannot manage
to compile it myself :(

Is anyone out there able to provide me with an php_interbase.dll for PHP
5.3.2????

Or at least provide me with an idiot proof manual on how to compile this
version under winxp32?

I just need this dll and nothing else - it's the very only component I need
but it is missing :(

kind regards
cp

From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

Next 5.3 RC will have them back.

Cheers,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM, cp <webmaster(a)cephario.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I recently upgraded to PHP5.3 installation for my IIS server running in
> fast-cgi mode.
>
> I found the php_interbase.dll extension missing in the download package.
> I already tried to compile it myself but after installing tons of tools for
> development I got stuck with some strange errors and I simply cannot manage
> to compile it myself :(
>
> Is anyone out there able to provide me with an php_interbase.dll for PHP
> 5.3.2????
>
> Or at least provide me with an idiot proof manual on how to compile this
> version under winxp32?
>
> I just need this dll and nothing else - it's the very only component I need
> but it is missing :(
>
> kind regards
> cp

Pierre

From: Ferenc Kovacs on
Hi.

What does this mean?
You can't compile the interbase extension for the stable 5.3?
Or just nobody did it yet?
AFAIK the next stable version won't come out for a month (or more), so if
you can't compile the ext for the current stable, then I would suggest to cp
to stick with the 5.2 branch, at least while the next stable is out.

Tyrael

From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

It means:

The next PHP 5.3.3 RC will have the firebird extension. Next RC is
expected in 2 weeks ~, final in July.

Cheers,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Ferenc Kovacs <info(a)tyrael.hu> wrote:
> Hi.
> What does this mean?
> You can't compile the interbase extension for the stable 5.3?
> Or just nobody did it yet?
> AFAIK the next stable version won't come out for a month (or more), so if
> you can't compile the ext for the current stable, then I would suggest to cp
> to stick with the 5.2 branch, at least while the next stable is out.
> Tyrael
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> Next 5.3 RC will have them back.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM, cp <webmaster(a)cephario.com> wrote:
>> > Hello folks,
>> >
>> > I recently upgraded to PHP5.3 installation for my IIS server running in
>> > fast-cgi mode.
>> >
>> > I found the php_interbase.dll extension missing in the download package.
>> > I already tried to compile it myself but after installing tons of tools
>> > for
>> > development I got stuck with some strange errors and I simply cannot
>> > manage
>> > to compile it myself :(
>> >
>> > Is anyone out there able to provide me with an php_interbase.dll for PHP
>> > 5.3.2????
>> >
>> > Or at least provide me with an idiot proof manual on how to compile this
>> > version under winxp32?
>> >
>> > I just need this dll and nothing else - it's the very only component I
>> > need
>> > but it is missing :(
>> >
>> > kind regards
>> > cp
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> --
>> Pierre
>>
>> @pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org
>>
>> --

Pierre

From: Ferenc Kovacs on
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> It means:
>
> The next PHP 5.3.3 RC will have the firebird extension.

You didn't answered my question (or maybe I just can't read between your
lines).

> Next RC is
> expected in 2 weeks ~, final in July.

Yeah, I did read Ilia's announcement, but I was talking about the next
_stable_ release, and I don't think that:
1, you can use RC release in productional environment.
2, the first RC will be the next stable.

Tyrael