From: "Martine Osias" on
Hi,

My insert statements on this web page don't execute. The select statements
do work. This tells me that the database connection is working. The username
and password are the administrator's. What else could prevent the insert
statements from executing?

Thank you.

Martine

From: Bruno Fajardo on
2010/3/11 Martine Osias <webinq1(a)gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> My insert statements on this web page don't execute. The select statements
> do work. This tells me that the database connection is working. The username
> and password are the administrator's. What else could prevent the insert
> statements from executing?

Would you mind giving us some hints about how the INSERT statements looks like?

Thanks.

From: Stephen on
Martine Osias wrote:
> My insert statements on this web page don't execute. The select
> statements do work. This tells me that the database connection is
> working. The username and password are the administrator's. What else
> could prevent the insert statements from executing?
Most likely syntax of the insert statement.

Do your insert statements work if used in MySQL Query Browser?

What is MySQL returning?

Are you using OOP or old functions?

Have you tried having PHP echo your insert statement so you can see
exactly what you are sending MySQL?

Stephen
From: Kevin Kinsey on
Martine Osias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My insert statements on this web page don't execute. The select
> statements do work. This tells me that the database connection is
> working. The username and password are the administrator's. What else
> could prevent the insert statements from executing?
>
> Thank you.
>

> Martine

Should be trivial to find out what's happening. Something
like:

$success=mysql_query($insert_statement) or die("Uh-oh, mysql said:".mysql.error());

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
From: "Jan G.B." on
2010/3/12 Martine Osias <webinq1(a)gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> My insert statements on this web page don't execute. The select statements
> do work. This tells me that the database connection is working. The username
> and password are the administrator's. What else could prevent the insert
> statements from executing?
>
> The assigned permissions to that account.
Using MySQL, you can define *who* is allowed to do *what*. (i.e. SELECT,
INSERT, GRANT)
(or syntax errors in your insert statements, like others said before.)
Regards