From: Rick Dwyer on

On Jul 17, 2010, at 2:08 PM, Rick Dwyer wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>>>

>> Well, I did suggest one thing that could be happening. What do both
>> string lengths come to?
>

> On the PC, the length of variable old string is 44 and new string is
> 39
> On the Mac, the length of varialbe old string is 44 and new string
> is 38.
>
> This is all happening inside of FileMaker... I will test the PHP
> code inside a web browser on both plaforms to see what happens.

OK to further bolster my assumption that this is a Scodigo/FM issue,
the PHP code outputs identical string lengths to web browsers on both
Mac and PC and both output the string correctly.
Only in FM on the PC does this occur.

..... sure wish Scodigo would reply....

--Rick
From: Peter Lind on
On 17 July 2010 20:08, Rick Dwyer <rpdwyer(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>>>

>> Well, I did suggest one thing that could be happening. What do both
>> string lengths come to?
>

> On the PC, the length of variable old string is 44 and new string is 39
> On the Mac, the length of varialbe old string is 44 and new string is 38.
>
> This is all happening inside of FileMaker... I will test the PHP code inside
> a web browser on both plaforms to see what happens.
>
> --Rick

Windows uses two characters for newlines, mac uses one. Just a guess.

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
From: Rick Dwyer on

On Jul 17, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Peter Lind wrote:

> On 17 July 2010 20:08, Rick Dwyer <rpdwyer(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Jul 17, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>>>>

>>> Well, I did suggest one thing that could be happening. What do both
>>> string lengths come to?
>>

>> On the PC, the length of variable old string is 44 and new string
>> is 39
>> On the Mac, the length of varialbe old string is 44 and new string
>> is 38.
>>
>> This is all happening inside of FileMaker... I will test the PHP
>> code inside
>> a web browser on both plaforms to see what happens.
>>
>> --Rick
>>

> Windows uses two characters for newlines, mac uses one. Just a guess.
>
> Regards
> Peter

Thanks Peter, but while this may explain the character length
difference, it doesn't explain the Trademark symbol. I really
beginning to believe that Scodigo, the manufacturer of PHP Pill is
going to have to resolve this one.

--Rick