From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:59, Lester Caine <lester(a)lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Well their financial reports quote www.qpay.com ... which is home to a UK
> payroll company ... but http://www.qpaynet.com/tmobile/contact.html probably
> sums the business model up ;)

Their WHOIS info shows that they don't want you to know who they
really are, as well. They use a Portugal-based domain privacy service
named Domain Discreet.

Their web host is at http://hosting-advantage.com/ and
http://www.web-hsoting.com/ (sic). The parent company, NetFronts,
advertises their lowest plan with the following info:

Includes:
1500 MB Disk Space
22.5 GB Data Transfer
50 POP3 Email Accounts
FrontPage Extensions
Password Protect Pages

They are certainly taking advantage of the last feature on that
list, and really getting their $9.95/mo.'s worth.

Jay, are you absolutely positive you've got the right address for
that company?

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
UNADVERTISED DEDICATED SERVER SPECIALS
From: "Jay Blanchard" on
[snip]
Their WHOIS info shows that they don't want you to know who they
really are, as well. They use a Portugal-based domain privacy service
named Domain Discreet.

Their web host is at http://hosting-advantage.com/ and
http://www.web-hsoting.com/ (sic). The parent company, NetFronts,
advertises their lowest plan with the following info:

Includes:
1500 MB Disk Space
22.5 GB Data Transfer
50 POP3 Email Accounts
FrontPage Extensions
Password Protect Pages

They are certainly taking advantage of the last feature on that
list, and really getting their $9.95/mo.'s worth.

Jay, are you absolutely positive you've got the right address for
that company?
[/snip]

I am. It is confounding to me that the exec team will not listen to me
on this one but I suppose that is not unusual.
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 11:07 -0500, Jay Blanchard wrote:

> [snip]
> Their WHOIS info shows that they don't want you to know who they
> really are, as well. They use a Portugal-based domain privacy service
> named Domain Discreet.
>
> Their web host is at http://hosting-advantage.com/ and
> http://www.web-hsoting.com/ (sic). The parent company, NetFronts,
> advertises their lowest plan with the following info:
>
> Includes:
> 1500 MB Disk Space
> 22.5 GB Data Transfer
> 50 POP3 Email Accounts
> FrontPage Extensions
> Password Protect Pages
>

> They are certainly taking advantage of the last feature on that
> list, and really getting their $9.95/mo.'s worth.
>
> Jay, are you absolutely positive you've got the right address for
> that company?
> [/snip]
>
> I am. It is confounding to me that the exec team will not listen to me
> on this one but I suppose that is not unusual.

I can see another potential DailyWTF here. If they do make you go with
QPay, see if you can find a way to post an entry to thedailywtf.com that
won't risk your job!

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:07, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard(a)pocket.com> wrote:

> I am. It is confounding to me that the exec team will not listen to me
> on this one but I suppose that is not unusual.

It's an unfortunate reality. Just make sure you have
documentation to CYA and nothing in contract saying that you'd be
responsible in any way for security breeches or other failures with
third-party providers.