From: Stephan Ebelt on

Hello,

is there a way to do HBCI banking with PHP?

stephan

From: "=?utf-8?B?YXNoQGFzaGxleXNoZXJpZGFuLmNvLnVr?=" on
How do you mean? Did you want to process payments? Or wad it more of an actual banking thing you needed? I've not heard of hbci before, so can't offer much information back.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: "Jay Blanchard" on
[snip]
is there a way to do HBCI banking with PHP?
[/snip]

yes.
From: Stephan Ebelt on
On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 01:50:12PM +0100, ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk wrote:
> How do you mean? Did you want to process payments? Or wad it more of an
> actual banking thing you needed? I've not heard of hbci before, so can't
> offer much information back.

HBCI is the german Home Banking Computer Interface which is supported by most
banks over here. There are free implementations such as the one used in gnucash
and some other projects: http://www.aquamaniac.de/sites/aqbanking/index.php
(sorry, site is german but code is english). I could not find a way to use
something like that from PHP code, only C and Java so far.

My goal for now would be to access bank account statements in order to show the
balances. I am not too eager to issue transactions.

thanks,
stephan

From: Stephan Ebelt on

wikipedia has a good summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBCI#FinTS_4.0

I just learned that its called "FinTS" now. Looking for that didnt bring me
closer yet.

stephan