From: "Gary" on
Peter

""Check that the php module is loaded by Apache on the 'bad' machine and
that the proper handler is set. Should be a line like:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3""

I have been looking through some of the files, but frankly it is a
combination hunt and peek and a guessing game, I'm just not sure which file
to look in or where to find that file. I have done a few searches for
"addhandler" and have not found it.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your help.

Gary

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5058 (20100425) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Kevin Kinsey on
Gary wrote:
> Peter
>
> ""Check that the php module is loaded by Apache on the 'bad' machine and
> that the proper handler is set. Should be a line like:
> AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3""
>
> I have been looking through some of the files, but frankly it is a
> combination hunt and peek and a guessing game, I'm just not sure which
> file to look in or where to find that file. I have done a few searches
> for "addhandler" and have not found it.
>
> Could you point me in the right direction?

Find the file "httpd.conf". I've no idea what OS you're on;
a classical location might be something like:

{/usr/local}/etc/apache/httpd.conf

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
From: "Gary" on
Kevin

Thanks for your reply, I had that file open and was looking around in it.

In a funny twist of things, I had created a phpinfo() page, and it did not
show in the browser. Then I switched root folders in DW, and the phpinfo()
page showed. I copied the original experiment file and the numbers and
calculations showed properly. So it would seem the plot is thickening.
Trouble is that I am unsure if I can trust this computer the way it is.

Thanks again for your help.

Gary

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5059 (20100425) __________

http://www.eset.com