From: "Angus Mann" on
HI all. I'm looking for a recommendation for an online PHP editor.

Here's what I mean....

I mean a PHP program I can install on my web-server, then log in and use it to browse and edit other PHP files on the server.

The idea is that I could make changes and bugfixes to a web app while I'm away from home/office.

Ideally it would be more than just a text editor, but also have syntax highlighting and formatting for PHP built in.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Angus

From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Here you go. This is labeled a html editor, but thinking you can edit
php files with it as well.
HTH,

http://phphtmledit.com/

Karl

On Apr 25, 2010, at 3:01 AM, Angus Mann wrote:

> HI all. I'm looking for a recommendation for an online PHP editor.
>
> Here's what I mean....
>
> I mean a PHP program I can install on my web-server, then log in
> and use it to browse and edit other PHP files on the server.
>
> The idea is that I could make changes and bugfixes to a web app
> while I'm away from home/office.
>
> Ideally it would be more than just a text editor, but also have
> syntax highlighting and formatting for PHP built in.
>
> Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Angus

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: mrfroasty on
SSH + MC i.e http://www.midnight-commander.org, you will get syntax high
lights.

P:S
**Any CLI program will do the job.

--
Extra details:
OSS:Gentoo Linux

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sun, 2010-04-25 at 13:46 +0200, mrfroasty wrote:

> SSH + MC i.e http://www.midnight-commander.org, you will get syntax high
> lights.
>
> P:S
> **Any CLI program will do the job.
>

> On 04/25/2010 10:01 AM, Angus Mann wrote:
> > HI all. I'm looking for a recommendation for an online PHP editor.
> >
> > Here's what I mean....
> >
> > I mean a PHP program I can install on my web-server, then log in and use it to browse and edit other PHP files on the server.
> >
> > The idea is that I could make changes and bugfixes to a web app while I'm away from home/office.
> >
> > Ideally it would be more than just a text editor, but also have syntax highlighting and formatting for PHP built in.
> >
> > Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Angus
> >

> --
> Extra details:
> OSS:Gentoo Linux
> profile:x86
> Hardware:msi geforce 8600GT asus p5k-se
> location:/home/muhsin
> language(s):C/C++,VB,VHDL,bash,PHP,SQL,HTML,CSS
> Typo:40WPM
> url:http://www.mzalendo.net
> url:http://www.zanbytes.com

I wouldn't recommend editing files actually on the server. I used to do
that, until my hosting changed its cPanel setup in a way that caused
havoc with the KIOslaves in KDE. I tried to save a file, got back an
error that said the file couldn't save. So I closed the editor only to
find that the file I was editing had just been zeroed. I lost a lot of
work that day because I didn't have a backup. It's far safer to edit
local files and FTP them in, even if you just use a web-based FTP system
(and mosting hosting control panels will have one)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Al on

On 4/25/2010 4:01 AM, Angus Mann wrote:
> HI all. I'm looking for a recommendation for an online PHP editor.
>
> Here's what I mean....
>
> I mean a PHP program I can install on my web-server, then log in and use it to browse and edit other PHP files on the server.
>
> The idea is that I could make changes and bugfixes to a web app while I'm away from home/office.
>
> Ideally it would be more than just a text editor, but also have syntax highlighting and formatting for PHP built in.
>
> Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Angus

Windows 7 RemoteApp and Desktop Connections feature may do it for you. I think
it will let you run a good editor on one PC from any other one.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: PHP not being read?
Next: What's your game? (X-PHP)