From: Judi on
I have an Excel 07 table. It has a vertical column of names and then
horizontal headings of organization, software, version, if it's licensed, and
a few other things. I'd like to create a pivot table that shows me all the
names on the left (sorted into respective groups), and then the headings at
the top of software names and versions. The data I'd like to show up in the
table is whether or not it's licensed.

PLEASE PLEASE help me!! Thank you.

Judi
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Judi, the type of info that you give does not lend itself very well to the
construction a Pivot Table.

You need to give more details about what your columns contain.

You seem to have the following columns:-

Names
Organization
Software
Version
Licence?

What is in these columns? Numbers or text?

You are not really providing enough info for people to come up with a
meaningful response.

Do you really need a Pivot Table? Maybe something else would be better?

From: Herbert Seidenberg on
Excel 2007 PivotTable
http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/04_02_10.xlsx
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhmcwzzu3mk/04_02_10.pdf

From: trip_to_tokyo on
Judi, I have just put up an example of a Pivot Table at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 86 (towards the top of my home page at the time of posting).

It has been prepared for another person (you can see what their problem is
in the Workbook) but I hope it will help you out.

There are other examples of Pivot Tables on my web site. To find them hit
Ctrl-F in your web browser and then just type in:-

pivot

- in the Search Window that should launch. There are 14 matches that you
might like to have a look at. I hope that there is something in there that
will help you out.

Thanks.

From: Judi on
Thanks everyone. Here is the DETAILED problem in question:

Column:
A - Name
B - Org
C - Computer Name
D - Compter Property Number
E - Software/Program
F - Version
G - Licensed Y/N
and then some other junk I don't really need.

There are 1400 rows, and I'm looking at the best way to present (in the
following order, but maybe with expandable portions, 1) the program, 2) the
version and 3) whether or not it's licensed. I want to tie each item (if
expanded) to its respective name in Column A.

Any ideas? This one's a little complex for me. Usually, I'm pretty good at
this stuff!!

HELP!

Judi