From: editor on

Hi:

Is the PIX 515E-R firewall still a reasonable choice as a stateful
firewall? I know it is a discontinued item from Cisco but from what
I have read from old reviews, it was a very good when it came out.

Any comments would be useful.

Thanks
- Kevin
From: Newbie72 on
On Nov 12, 6:16 pm, edi...(a)cellmail.com wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Is the PIX 515E-R firewall still a reasonable choice as a stateful
> firewall? I know it is a discontinued item from Cisco but from what
> I have read from old reviews, it was a very good when it came out.
>
> Any comments would be useful.
>
> Thanks
>  - Kevin

Absolutely! The downside is cisco is no longer making software. Just
keep an eye out for vulnerabilities in your version and determine if
their risk is to high. Then when you have the budget for an ASA pick
it up