From: Christopher Glaeser on
I'm currently using a Netgear JGS524 gigabit switch that works fine, but I'm
trying to reduce fan noise in the office. I want to replace it with a
fanless 24 port gigabit switch. The HP ProCurve 1400 looks like a good fit.
Any comments on the HP 1400? Any other suggestions?

Best,
Christopher

From: geoar75 on
Hi,

I don't have any experience with that switch, but since the ventor
doesn't use a fan I believe you won't have any particular problem
using it. Provided that there is as much space as possible among the
devices.

Good luck!

Giorgos

--

NetPros Community
Connecting IT Pros from all over the World

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
Christopher Glaeser <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> I'm currently using a Netgear JGS524 gigabit switch that works fine,
> but I'm trying to reduce fan noise in the office. I want to replace
> it with a fanless 24 port gigabit switch. The HP ProCurve 1400 looks
> like a good fit. Any comments on the HP 1400? Any other suggestions?

What makes you think your questions have anything at all to do with
firewalls?

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich
From: Christopher Glaeser on
> What makes you think your questions have anything at all to do with
> firewalls?

Good question. It was the best fit I could find that receives any traffic,
but I'm open to suggestions.

Best,
Christopher

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
Christopher Glaeser <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>> What makes you think your questions have anything at all to do with
>> firewalls?
>
> Good question. It was the best fit I could find that receives any
> traffic, but I'm open to suggestions.

Don't know about traffic, but you could try alt.comp.networking.routers
or alt.comp.network.connectivity.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich