From: nick whitworth on
Hello,

I require a software firewall for Windows Server 2003 with at least
the following functionality:

- Two way control, (inbound and outbound connections).
- Authorisation by an administrator only.

For example let's say a user of the system is running a programme,
which requests access to the internet. This application has not been
allowed by an admin - the user should not be able to allow access
themselves.

I have found ISA (http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/
isaserver/en/us/default.aspx), which does exactly what I need but is
expensive. I have also looked into Check Point, ZoneLabs and
SmoothWall, which don't appear to be appropriate.
Any alternative solutions much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nick
From: buzzard on
nick whitworth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I require a software firewall for Windows Server 2003 with at least
> the following functionality:
>
> - Two way control, (inbound and outbound connections).
> - Authorisation by an administrator only.
>
> For example let's say a user of the system is running a programme,
> which requests access to the internet. This application has not been
> allowed by an admin - the user should not be able to allow access
> themselves.
>
> I have found ISA (http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/
> isaserver/en/us/default.aspx), which does exactly what I need but is
> expensive. I have also looked into Check Point, ZoneLabs and
> SmoothWall, which don't appear to be appropriate.
> Any alternative solutions much appreciated.

About the only other one I've heard of is comodo

Pages: 1
Prev: fanless 24 port gigabit switch
Next: SPAM ALERT