From: geoar75 on
Concerning traffic, alt.comp.network.connectivity would be just fine.

Giorgos

--

NetPros Community
Connecting IT Pros from all over the World

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
Christopher Glaeser <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>> What makes you think your questions have anything at all to do with
>> firewalls?
>
> Good question. It was the best fit I could find that receives any
> traffic, but I'm open to suggestions.

Don't know about traffic, but you could try alt.comp.networking.routers
or alt.comp.networking.connectivity.

Supersede: typo fixed.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich
From: buzzard on
Christopher Glaeser wrote:
> I'm currently using a Netgear JGS524 gigabit switch that works fine, but I'm
> trying to reduce fan noise in the office.

I don't know how difficult it might be to open the JGS524, but
I do know that some of the newer fans are pretty quiet.
You might be able to install a quieter fan.
From: goarilla on
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:37:54 -0400, buzzard wrote:

> Christopher Glaeser wrote:
>> I'm currently using a Netgear JGS524 gigabit switch that works fine,
>> but I'm trying to reduce fan noise in the office.
>
> I don't know how difficult it might be to open the JGS524, but I do know
> that some of the newer fans are pretty quiet. You might be able to
> install a quieter fan.

bad idea you'll be voiding warranties, and a lot of
enterprise switches have lifetime warranties (well HP has :D)

although this isn't an enterprise switch
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: PIX 515E-R (v6.3.3)
Next: Software Firewall