From: Larry on
Hi,

I'm planning on buying a Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II to print my own
photos (mostly for photo exhibitions).
I've been told it's not possible to print a full-page photo, but that
all photos are framed by a white border.
It's not something I overly worry about, except that I'm not sure
whether or not I can control how big is the white framing, and
therefore can't be sure how big exactly the photos will be.

If my infos are right and it's not possible to print full-page, could
anyone tell me (preferably using centimeters) what is the maximum size
you can get when printing photos on A4 or A3 Museum Etching or Photo
Rag paper? How big is the white border?

Thanks
Larry
From: Lon on
Larry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on buying a Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II to print my own
> photos (mostly for photo exhibitions).
> I've been told it's not possible to print a full-page photo, but that
> all photos are framed by a white border.
> It's not something I overly worry about, except that I'm not sure
> whether or not I can control how big is the white framing, and
> therefore can't be sure how big exactly the photos will be.
>
> If my infos are right and it's not possible to print full-page, could
> anyone tell me (preferably using centimeters) what is the maximum size
> you can get when printing photos on A4 or A3 Museum Etching or Photo
> Rag paper? How big is the white border?

Look for a printer that can print "full bleed" and you'll be looking at
a printer that can print clear to the edge of the paper. Make sure the
max print area is also big enough to print to the edge of the paper, as
some narrow format printers can only print full bleed on smaller paper
stock than A4 or Letter.

Next item will be your photo printing app, to make sure it also can do
full bleed rather than limiting the print area.

Plan B is to buy paper that has a removable border.
From: mickey on
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:09:54 -0800, Lon <lon.stowell(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> Larry wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm planning on buying a Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II to print my own
>> photos (mostly for photo exhibitions).
>> I've been told it's not possible to print a full-page photo, but that
>> all photos are framed by a white border.
>> It's not something I overly worry about, except that I'm not sure
>> whether or not I can control how big is the white framing, and
>> therefore can't be sure how big exactly the photos will be.
>> If my infos are right and it's not possible to print full-page, could
>> anyone tell me (preferably using centimeters) what is the maximum size
>> you can get when printing photos on A4 or A3 Museum Etching or Photo
>> Rag paper? How big is the white border?

If you looks here
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=182&modelid=18123
you can plainly see this printer does borderless prints.
--
Mickey
From: Lon on
mickey wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:09:54 -0800, Lon <lon.stowell(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Larry wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm planning on buying a Canon PIXMA Pro9500 Mark II to print my own
>>> photos (mostly for photo exhibitions).
>>> I've been told it's not possible to print a full-page photo, but that
>>> all photos are framed by a white border.
>>> It's not something I overly worry about, except that I'm not sure
>>> whether or not I can control how big is the white framing, and
>>> therefore can't be sure how big exactly the photos will be.
>>> If my infos are right and it's not possible to print full-page, could
>>> anyone tell me (preferably using centimeters) what is the maximum size
>>> you can get when printing photos on A4 or A3 Museum Etching or Photo
>>> Rag paper? How big is the white border?
>>>

> If you looks here
> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=182&modelid=18123
>
> you can plainly see this printer does borderless prints.

Even more useful is looking at the printer's specifications for the few
papers it supports borderless on:

Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo
Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus
Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.