From: Pedro Juan on
it is normal that after making the restoration of a database sql server 2000
to sql server 2005 the user does not let me change any of its properties dbo
user?

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Pedro Juan (PedroJuan(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> it is normal that after making the restoration of a database sql server
> 2000 to sql server 2005 the user does not let me change any of its
> properties dbo user?

This has nothing to do with migration per se, but this is something that can
happen when you restore a database from server on an other, and the database
owner is not present on the target server.

Note that if the database owner is an SQL Login - other than sa - the owner
is highly unlikely to be present on the target server. There may be a login
with the same name, but mapping is on SID, not on name.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: Pedro Juan on
ok, then the user dbo can be modified? or is a user or reserved by sql server?

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Pedro Juan (PedroJuan(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> ok, then the user dbo can be modified? or is a user or reserved by sql
> server?

You can change the database owner with

ALTER AUTHORIZATION newowner ON DATABASE::db

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: Pedro Juan on

but when you try to launch the ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON DATABASE:: dbo TO
database tells me that I have no permissions.