From: Pedro Juan on
I made a backup with sqlserver 2000 and then perform a restore on
SQLServer2005 and all right but once done all this I can not change anything.
Why?

why can not change anyting on the resoresd database ?

Thanks and kind Regards.

From: Dan on

"Pedro Juan" <PedroJuan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I made a backup with sqlserver 2000 and then perform a restore on
> SQLServer2005 and all right but once done all this I can not change
> anything.
> Why?
>
> why can not change anyting on the resoresd database ?
>

> Thanks and kind Regards.

What do you mean by "cannot change anything"? Did you restore with the
option to leave the database in the recovery state? This would leave it
unusable until restoring a log file, for instance, to stop anyone using it
while a backup chain is being restored.

If you are trying to use SQL Server 2005 features (those that are not
available in SQL Server 2000) then you will first need to change the
compatibility mode on the database to the latest level, when a database is
restored from an older version of SQL Server the mode is deliberately set to
only support those features from the older database engine version in order
to try to preserve backwards compatibility with applications using the
database.

--
Dan

From: Nico on

ok thanks for your help , but i have change compatiblity level to 90. but
i try changed the propierties of user dbo said me :

Exception , error 15405.

dont let me change anything in the database sql server 2005.

From: Dan on
Have you used sp_change_login to fix any orphaned users?

That error is also expected if you are logged in as the sysadmin user, as
dbo cannot be assigned to any role membership. What are you trying to
change?

Dan

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Nico (Nico(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> ok thanks for your help , but i have change compatiblity level to 90.
> but
> i try changed the propierties of user dbo said me :
>
> Exception , error 15405.
>
> dont let me change anything in the database sql server 2005.

If you restored the database from another server, dbo may not map to a login
on the new server. Use

ALTER AUTHORIZATION ON DATABASE::db TO newowner

to fix this.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: