From: Yu Zhang on
Hi, Clark,

Did you mean that you can have the your table in the output window but cant
have it in the PDF? please clarify it with more details or maybe a small
part of your data.

From: sbarry on
On May 29, 9:46 am, Mike.Cl...(a)LRC.KY.GOV ("Clark, Mike (LRC)") wrote:
> I'm trying to generate a PDF from proc report. The following code will
> generate a report and creates a pdf file but no data is written to the
> pdf file. Any suggestions? Thanks.
> =20
> ods listing close;
>
> ods pdf file=3D'G:\cg\data\recpet.pdf;
>
> proc report colwidth=3D15 spacing=3D5 data=3Dsum ps=3D77 headline;
>
> column majcat name amount;
>
> define majcat / order order=3Dinternal format=3Dmajcat.;
>
> define name / order;
>
> define amount / analysis sum format=3Dcomma15.0;
>
> break after majcat / summarize dul ol suppress;
>
> compute before;
>
> line "Total Fund: " amount.sum comma15.0;
>
> endcomp;
>
> title 'Receipts February 2007';
>
> run;
>
> ods pdf close;
>
> ods listing;
>
> run;

It would be useful to see SASLOG output (starting with DATA/PROC that
creates the input file to PROC REPORT through the PROC REPORT
execution output -- with proper diagnostic info, such as SOURCE
SOURCE2 and MACROGEN MLOGIC NOMPRINT if macro-based code) posted for
others' feedback. Also, SAS version and maintenance SP-level would be
most useful. Without this information and *ALL* of your SAS code
(ideally), it's a guessing game, frankly.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

From: Mike.Clark on
The report is generated in a PROC REPORT window, but it is not in the
output window. I assume this is normal for proc report and didn't
consider it to be a problem. The PDF file, however, is blank. The log
includes the message below...

NOTE: ODS PDF printed no output.
(This sometimes results from failing to place a RUN statement
before the ODS PDF CLOSE statement.)

The data is simple. Three variables

Sales, Distilled Spirits Case Sales, 6000
Sales, Distilled Spirits Consumption, 15000
Sales, Distilled Spirits Wholesale, 20000

From: Yu Zhang on
Use the nowd option to prevent the report from showing in the REPORT WINDOW.

Like:

proc report colwidth=15 spacing=5 data=sum ps=77 NOWD headline;

HTH

Yu

From: toby dunn on
Proc Report
Data = Sum ColWidth = 15 Spacing = 5 PS =77 HeadLine Nowd ;

Toby Dunn

On the other hand, you have different fingers. ~ LCG

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the
trap. ~ LCG

What happens if you get scared half to death, twice? ~ LCG

Did you mean that you can have the your table in the output window but
cant have it in the PDF? please clarify it with more details or maybe a
small part of your data.

On 5/29/07, Clark, Mike (LRC) <Mike.Clark(a)lrc.ky.gov> wrote:

> I'm trying to generate a PDF from proc report. The following code will

> generate a report and creates a pdf file but no data is written to the

> pdf file. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> ods listing close;
>
> ods pdf file='G:\cg\data\recpet.pdf;
>
> proc report colwidth=15 spacing=5 data=sum ps=77 headline;
>
> column majcat name amount;
>
> define majcat / order order=internal format=majcat.;
>
> define name / order;
>
> define amount / analysis sum format=comma15.0;
>
> break after majcat / summarize dul ol suppress;
>
> compute before;
>
> line "Total Fund: " amount.sum comma15.0;
>
> endcomp;
>
> title 'Receipts February 2007';
>
> run;
>
> ods pdf close;
>
> ods listing;
>
> run;

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i�m Initiative now.
It�s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07