From: "Trev" trev_uk on

<maps(a)bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:13:45 -0000, "Trev" <trev_uk(a)hotmail.com invalid>
> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>> Can you describe this a bit more, since I'm in the process of choosing a
>>> version to Win 7, 64-bit and running PSP9 is a MUST. Some recommend
>>> Home Edition as [they say] going to Ultimate is a waste unless you need
>>> encryption, Xp Mode, etc.
>>>
>>> -ed
>>
>>As For 64 bit some plugins for example the older ones that are no longer
>>supported Mostly the free stuff Will not work in 64 bit.
>>PSP 9 was not made with a GDI that supported the fancy effect in Vista or
>>Win 7 as they did not Know about either at the time. When you open PSP 9
>>in
>>WIN 7 the win 7 interface changes to classic view whilst it open, the
>>psp9
>>workspace will be just as is so the only difference you see is the task
>>bar.
>> http://www.trevorbowden.co.uk/psp.jpg shows the difference
>
> So the main issue is CLASSIC view? I can live with that no problem
> as there are no plug-ins here, only stock v9. That means any version
> of Win 7 will be ok? such as Home Premium or Pro?
>
> IOW.. do I need Win XP Mode?
>

> -ed

Not to run PSP 9 I am running 32 bit as I was worried about drivers for 6e
bit. I installed a pre ordered Win 7 on the day of release Some drivers
where updated later that day and some 3 days later The only item that caused
a problem was the Hp Scanner. Hp only had basic drivers for it which meant
although I could use twain fro inside psp and other applications The
ability to scan slides and negs. using the lid lights was missing But during
a play I found out how to install in compatibility mode for XP And its now
fully working.