From: Connors21 on
OK I know many complain here about the various bugs but I love the program,
ALL versions! My only trouble and I will not give up trying to correct this-
is that when I first installed PSP XI, it opened fine, and I was starting to
play around, getting to know the new tools, and find the old ones, etc...
well now all of a sudden, after playing around in the settings, pointing the
file locations to the various plugins, presets, that stuff... that I use
with PSP X, now the program refuses to open. I have uninstalled a clean
complete UNINSTALL too- and REINSTALLED repeatedly, to no avail. When the
splash screen starts it shows the materials palette initializing, and the
rest of the messages but whenever it comes to this:

updating cache settings

this is where everything freezes and I have even tried to wait it out- and
believe me it isn't going to start! I went to Corel's FAQ page for PSP XI
and it even talks about this and says that it is NOT freezing, but trust me-
it is definitely freezing, and then if you try to do ANYthing, it says
"Program not responding".

When I first installed it, and was able to get it to work, there was just
ONE glitch that *I* seemed to have with this newest version and it was the
fact that when you go from PSP XI to ANY other graphic software, even
Animation Shop- and vise versa to, if you go FROM another graphics software
and try to either EXPORT INTO or IMPORT into PSP XI, whether by EDIT/COPY
and EDIT/PASTE AS NEW LAYER or PASTE AS NEW IMAGE...

I lose ALL background transparency. I get a white background instead of the
original transparent.

If I want to do edit/copy for a layer in PSP, and there is a transparent bk
when I go to another program, such as AS, and right click, EDIT/PASTE as new
animation

I have all solid white in the BK, instead of the original transparency.

In short, I am constantly losing ALL transparency between applications with
PSP XI, When I do it using the CLIPBOARD.

Any help would be so appreciated, but first I need to get this damn program
STATED again! I tried to disable all the paths I can think of that I set in
file locations by changing the folder names. No luck it is still freezing at
the following words in the opening splash screen:

updating cache settings

I eagerly await replies, because you are all the best here!

Sincerely,

Andrea Connors

Connors21(a)cox.net

amc91461(a)yahoo.com

From: Rick on
"Connors21" <Connors21(a)cox.net> wrote in

> Any help would be so appreciated, but first I need to get this damn
> program STATED again! I tried to disable all the paths I can think of
> that I set in file locations by changing the folder names. No luck it
> is still freezing at the following words in the opening splash screen:
>
> updating cache settings

Sounds like you may have a corrupted cache file. You might try deleting
all of the cache files (PSP should rebuild them as needed) and see if that
takes care of the problem for you. They are usually stored in the following
directory:

c:\documents and settings\"username"\application data\corel\paint shop pro
photo\11\cache

Replace the "username" portion of the above path with whatever username
the program was installed under.

--
Rick Simon rsimon(a)cris.com

Include "spam(trap)key" somewhere in the
body of any email to avoid spam filters.
From: CJ on
Connors21 wrote:

> OK I know many complain here about the various bugs but I love the
> program, ALL versions! My only trouble and I will not give up trying
> to correct this- is that when I first installed PSP XI, it opened
> fine, and I was starting to play around, getting to know the new
> tools, and find the old ones, etc... well now all of a sudden, after
> playing around in the settings, pointing the file locations to the
> various plugins, presets, that stuff... that I use with PSP X, now
> the program refuses to open. I have uninstalled a clean complete
> UNINSTALL too- and REINSTALLED repeatedly, to no avail. When the
> splash screen starts it shows the materials palette initializing, and
> the rest of the messages but whenever it comes to this:
>
> updating cache settings
>
> this is where everything freezes and I have even tried to wait it
> out- and believe me it isn't going to start! I went to Corel's FAQ
> page for PSP XI and it even talks about this and says that it is NOT
> freezing, but trust me- it is definitely freezing, and then if you
> try to do ANYthing, it says "Program not responding".
>
> When I first installed it, and was able to get it to work, there was
> just ONE glitch that I seemed to have with this newest version and it
> was the fact that when you go from PSP XI to ANY other graphic
> software, even Animation Shop- and vise versa to, if you go FROM
> another graphics software and try to either EXPORT INTO or IMPORT
> into PSP XI, whether by EDIT/COPY and EDIT/PASTE AS NEW LAYER or
> PASTE AS NEW IMAGE...
>
> I lose ALL background transparency. I get a white background instead
> of the original transparent.
>
> If I want to do edit/copy for a layer in PSP, and there is a
> transparent bk when I go to another program, such as AS, and right
> click, EDIT/PASTE as new animation
>
> I have all solid white in the BK, instead of the original
> transparency.
>
> In short, I am constantly losing ALL transparency between
> applications with PSP XI, When I do it using the CLIPBOARD.
>
> Any help would be so appreciated, but first I need to get this damn
> program STATED again! I tried to disable all the paths I can think of
> that I set in file locations by changing the folder names. No luck it
> is still freezing at the following words in the opening splash screen:
>
> updating cache settings
>
> I eagerly await replies, because you are all the best here!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andrea Connors
>
> Connors21(a)cox.net
>
> amc91461(a)yahoo.com

Say DJJohnson, you are falling down on the job!

I expected you would already be here with another of your evangalistic
rants about the supposed quality of PL32 and the supposed utter
worthlessness of PSP.

Let's get with it before you are replaced by Uni.

From: DJJohnson on

"CJ" <cje20(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Connors21 wrote:
>
> Say DJJohnson, you are falling down on the job!
>
> I expected you would already be here with another of your
> evangalistic
> rants about the supposed quality of PL32 and the supposed utter
> worthlessness of PSP.
>
> Let's get with it before you are replaced by Uni.
>
> --

That's what's so nice about having people like you around (easily
manipulated), you just did it for me. But even you didn't have to
mention PhotoLine 32 being the solution to his problems. I certainly
wasn't going to bother. Posts like this are all the clear advertising
that's needed to prove that anyone needs to dump Corel-anything. These
exact same problems have existed ever since Corel bought PSP over 2
years ago. How long will it take for you fools to wake up? But I can
answer that. Some never do. They're great entertainment and constantly
prove the old adage, "Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity."
P.T. Barnum made a fortune off of knowing that. So do the CEOs of
Corel.

From: CJ on
DJJohnson wrote:

> "CJ" <cje20(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Connors21 wrote:
> >
> > Say DJJohnson, you are falling down on the job!
> >
> > I expected you would already be here with another of your
> > evangalistic rants about the supposed quality of PL32 and the
> > supposed utter worthlessness of PSP.
> >
> > Let's get with it before you are replaced by Uni.
> >
> > --
>
> That's what's so nice about having people like you around (easily
> manipulated), you just did it for me. But even you didn't have to
> mention PhotoLine 32 being the solution to his problems. I certainly
> wasn't going to bother. Posts like this are all the clear advertising
> that's needed to prove that anyone needs to dump Corel-anything.
> These exact same problems have existed ever since Corel bought PSP
> over 2 years ago. How long will it take for you fools to wake up? But
> I can answer that. Some never do. They're great entertainment and
> constantly prove the old adage, "Never underestimate the stupidity of
> humanity." P.T. Barnum made a fortune off of knowing that. So do the
> CEOs of Corel.

You disappoint me. You can do a much better rant than that.

Secondly, what part of "supposed" don't you understand in the context I
provided.