From: Jay on
I have a user connecting to project web access to accept or reject task
updates from his recources. After he accepts or rejects all task updates
submitted by his resources he hits the update button to open project and
apply the changes to the project plan. Once the user hits update on the PWA
page he gets the following error.

VBSCRIPT: Microsoft Office Project Web Access 2003

error updating to project

Project has taken to long to open. If Project is not running, manually open
project and wait untill it is running before trying your request again.

Click ok and it brings you back to the update screen.

If you open project the application first then hit update, it will note the
updates in the project plan. But when you hit save it appears as if it saved
the updates to the plan but when you close the plan and go back into project
web access the updates you accepted arstill there awating to be updated.

Please Help.....
From: Mike Glen on
Hi Jay,

Try posting on the server newsgroup. Please see FAQ Item: 24. Project
Newsgroups. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information
can be seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Mike Glen
Project MVP

"Jay" <Jay(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user connecting to project web access to accept or reject task
> updates from his recources. After he accepts or rejects all task updates
> submitted by his resources he hits the update button to open project and
> apply the changes to the project plan. Once the user hits update on the
> PWA
> page he gets the following error.
>
> VBSCRIPT: Microsoft Office Project Web Access 2003
>
> error updating to project
>
> Project has taken to long to open. If Project is not running, manually
> open
> project and wait untill it is running before trying your request again.
>
> Click ok and it brings you back to the update screen.
>
> If you open project the application first then hit update, it will note
> the
> updates in the project plan. But when you hit save it appears as if it
> saved
> the updates to the plan but when you close the plan and go back into
> project
> web access the updates you accepted arstill there awating to be updated.
>
> Please Help.....

Pages: 1
Prev: ComboBox - VBA
Next: Connect to Project Server